The Pollinator Pathway seeks a Gardener & Community Fellow to maintain the project in the 2018 season. The position is an estimated 1-2 day per week position. The successful candidate will be a skilled landscape maintenance professional with a working knowledge of urban planning and design.
Roles and Expertise:
Landscape Maintenance & Planning
● Independently guide and maintain the health of the planted gardens utilizing:
–Advanced gardening skills and a working knowledge of native plants
–Experience preparing soils, planting, weeding, and implementing new garden plans
● Communicate with existing participants in the project, and engage potential homeowners
● Make recommendations to homeowners in order to ensure overall health of planted areas
● Coordinate volunteer efforts and assist volunteers in planting and maintaining the gardens
● Act as spokesperson for project with university students and community members
● Ability to commit to the minimum hours outlined above in the period of the contract.
● Advanced gardening skills and a working knowledge of native plants
● Experience working with volunteers and community members
● Comfort with speaking to small groups
● Strong interest in urban design, ecology, systems and planning
To apply please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Applications will be considered on a rolling basis and the position will remain open until filled.